The Salute Her: Beauty of Diversity Awards Tour Presented by Toyota Returns to Charlotte Friday, November 9th celebrating ‘Women of Color’ at Booth Playhouse
V101.9’s Café Mocha Show known as ‘radio from a woman’s perspective’ to host the second annual Salute Her Awards with honorees; WSOC-TV anchor Erica Bryant Fields, BMI executive Catherine Brewton, folk artist Nellie Ashford, retired military veteran Michele S. Jones; Corporate Trailblazer Regina Heyward and more
(Hosted by Café Mocha co-host Emmy Winner Loni Love and social media influencer Jawn Murray with a special tribute performance by Grammy-nominated singer Calvin Richardson)
V101.9’s Café Mocha show will host the second annual Salute Her: Beauty of Diversity Awards in Charlotte honoring outstanding women making a difference in the community. Presented by Toyota Motors North America, this year’s tour encourages women to seize the moment and make positive change in their communities.
Charlotte is the fourth stop on a five-city tour that launched in Washington with stops in New York City, Dallas, TX and Atlanta, GA. Café Mocha Radio is the #1 weekly radio show for multicultural women, known as ‘radio from a woman’s perspective’ airs Sunday evenings on V101.9-FM from 7-9pm.
Nine diverse women who are redefining history through their own respective journeys will be celebrated during the event, which is also supported by AARP.
2018 Salute Her: Beauty of Diversity honorees include:
• Catherine Brewton, VP Creative at BMI, Broadcast Innovator Award
• Regina Heyward, Senior Vice President and head of Supplier Diversity for Wells Fargo, Corporate Trailblazer Award
• Erica Bryant Fields, WSOC-TV Anchor, Media Legend
• Michele S. Jones, VP of Training with Civility Management Solutions, LLC., Toyota American Pride Award
• Monique Stubbs-Hall, Founder of the Grooming Greatness Foundation, Woman of Style Award
• Lashanda Millner-Murphy, Co-founder of DW Designs Leadership Program, Business Legacy Award
• Nellie Ashford, Folk Artist, Creating the Legacy Award
• Leslie Ware, PA-C, M.Ed, Internal and Family Medicine Physician Assistant and Health Educator, Champion for Change Award
• Dr. Madeline McClenney, Founder of Exodus Foundation.org, Community Activist Award
Friday, November 9, 2018
Chic Boutique Pre-Reception 6:30 – 7:45pm
Salute Her: Beauty of Diversity Awards Program 8pm
Individual tickets $55.00
Booth Playhouse at the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center
130 Tryon St.
Charlotte, NC 28202
November 9th – Calvin Richardson
The Salute Her Awards: Beauty of Diversity supports the Mocha Cares Foundation, which helps provide services to combat homelessness, domestic violence and foster care through mentorship programs.
For interview requests, contact: Alex Hill at 313-213-2149 / Alex@milesaheadentertainment.com
or Sheila Eldridge at 201-887-5100 / email@example.com.
About the Salute Her AwardsTM:
Café Mocha launched its annual Salute Her Awards events in 2011, with a mission to recognize dynamic women who have made contributions in their communities and breaking down barriers. Since its inception eight years ago past honorees include activist Sybrina Fulton, broadcast personality Wendy Williams and Iyanla Vanzant, “Empire” actress Ta’Rhonda Jones, CNN correspondent Fredricka Whitfield, renowned White House journalist and author April Ryan and legendary actress Pam Grier, actress/humanitarian Sheryl Lee Ralph, Cynthia Bailey, Kim Fields, Malinda Williams, Terri J. Vaughn and Vy Higginsen, singers Gloria Gaynor, Stephanie Mills, Fantasia Barrino Taylor, Syleena Johnson and Tamela Mann, influencers Constance White, Luvvie Ajayi, Lola Ogunnaike, Jamie Foster Brown, Shirley Strawberry, fashion designer Barbara Bates, Dr. Bernice King, Deanna Brown Thomas, Ricki Fairley, NBA mom Wanda Durant and Ilyasah Shabazz to name few. Take a look at our 2017 Salute Her Tour highlights.